Whitefriars Glass Forum

Whitefriars mould fund

Whitefriars mould fund
« on: July 06, 2008, 05:59:38 PM »
Leni is currently working with Harrow in setting up a means by which contributions can be sent to help fund the final purchase of them.

What Ho! Now listen up guys ive got an idea how we could raise some money for these moulds and i would like your opinions on this. My rough idea is that I would like everybody to donate 1 or more pieces of Whitefriars glassware ( you could donate private via private message if you wish) and i will do a job lot sale on Ebay and all the money raised will help to pay for the moulds. It doesnt have to be a ruby banjo, a tangerine tricorn or a sky blue duck come to that  :lol:  :lol: we all must have something that is gathering dust and can be rehoused for a good cause. Im going to start with putting in a arctic blue owl which is looking a little out of place next to my ducks. So come guys dig deep for the fund, everyone who wants to donate can send me a picture to my email address with a short description and i will do the rest. After the auction we can all post the items individually to the winner, what do you think?Steve R

My donation

Whitefriars mould fund
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 07:38:20 PM »
Splendid idea Steve!!! Maybe someone out there has a sky blue 9566 they would love to give up for the cause. Regards, James.

Whitefriars mould fund
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 10:18:55 PM »
It's a 5p listing day on Tueday here in the UK. Could save some money if we get it done in time.

I'll have a think about what I can put on. Certainly a boxed, labelled, :lol:  as new Toby mug for starters.

Vidfletch

Whitefriars mould fund
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 10:30:53 PM »
Good man, excellent to have your backing. Toby's!!! superb David, i believe you have them in abundance. Come on guys lets get behind this, Steve R

post subject
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 11:10:07 PM »
So where's your email address  then Steve for the photos  Emmi

Whitefriars mould fund
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 11:17:10 PM »
I think Tuesday may be a bit short David!! My email address is glassaspirations@aol.com , thx Emmi, regards Steve R x

post subject
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 09:39:25 AM »
Ok I think this should be done properly.  Tuesday's cheap listing day it too close.  the next one should be in about 3months time?Perhaps someone knows.  The Harrow Museum seems to have committed to the purchase so there is no rush and if they know something positive is  being done then there is no harm in waiting.

I used to be Press and Public Relations person, and would be willing to write a Press Release and do whatever is necessary to publicise this getting maximum exposure  in the right places to not only draw attention to the auction, but to show the fakers that we mean business. I think any previous reluctance on the part of some collectors to  keep the public knowledge of the fakes quiet  should be thrown out, and we should go out fighting!  Emmi

Phil G

Whitefriars mould fund
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 11:06:39 AM »
I like the idea Steve however how are you going to calculate postage? Item location for me will be Oz, you would have the picture not the item. Requests for postage prices would seem wrong to a local ( they seem wrong anyway from 5.50 to 20.00 pounds to Oz) and confuse people.

I could let you know the item and make the payment to an account in england and once verified as paid, post?.

Maybe someone can give an acoount with direct deposit for the far flung members and I just deposit a donation..

Watch and love the forums, stay light hearted.

Phil.

Whitefriars mould fund
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 12:49:22 PM »
Quote from: "Phil G"

Maybe someone can give an acoount with direct deposit for the far flung members and I just deposit a donation.

Thanks Phil  :D  We are currently waiting to hear from Harrow Council with the details of the account to which donations should be made.  We will be posting an announcement as soon as we have that information.

Thanks to everyone for their patience.

Leni  xx
Leni

Whitefriars mould fund
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 05:29:14 PM »
I like the idea Steve however how are you going to calculate postage?

Hi Phil, thats easy, i wouldnt charge for postage. The auction would be offered for UK only and anybody who wanted to donate an item should be UK based, whoever donates would except the postage of their item as part of the donation. Far flung members can just make a donation into the account that Leni will be providing.

Im just throwing in my basic idea and if we all think its a good one ( and we get some donations!!) we can go with it, obviously there will be points that will need ironing out as we go,

Steve R

Whitefriars mould fund
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 05:38:32 PM »
Here is the 1/2 pint "Oliver" Toby Beer Mug I am donating.

Vidfletch :lol:

Whitefriars mould fund
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 05:58:25 PM »
Excellent David, if copied the pic into a file, that makes 2, next!!!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Whitefriars mould fund
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 08:38:48 PM »
What Ho! Just like to update you on the WF mould fund, i have had a few donations but i would certainly like plenty more. There has been donated about 12 pieces of Whitefriars glass (some textured would be nice) and 5 or 6 Scandinavian. These 18ish pieces have only been donated by 5 people ( 1 of them being a local collector friend of mine, who got her arm twisted  :D ), one very generous member has donated the 2/3rd of this ***self.  So come on guys, i dont want to start the private messaging malarkey  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .

Depending on how many donation there are i may decide to split them up in to 2 or 3 lots. I bet you guys have got some of that nasty Scandinavian stuff gathering dust, so get it out!!!!!

Seriously, we all love Whitefrairs glass and securing these moulds is very important to everyone im sure, so let get a good load of stuff a raise some money for a worthy cause.

Please contact me or Leni with any ideas, donations or queries. This can be done privately, direct to my email or just pop your pic on to this thread and get bigged up by me!

My email is glassaspirations@aol.com . Steve R

Whitefriars mould fund
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 10:47:13 PM »
You're doing a fantastic job, Steve!  :D  Many thanks!  

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for Harrow Council to let me know the Bank Account details for donations  :?  If I haven't hear anything by next week I'll have to start banging on my Councillor friend's front door   :twisted:  

Leni  xx
Leni

Whitefriars mould fund
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 09:12:37 PM »
What Ho! Just to let you know i have opened a separate eBay account for the mould fund. And it is, surprise surprise 'whitefriarsmouldfund'. If you have any donations of WF or other glassware please contact me here on the forum or privately at glassaspirations@aol.com . Cheers Steve R