Whitefriars Glass Forum

SWAP SHOP.......and........ WANTED

« on: January 24, 2010, 11:20:24 AM »
THIS THREAD IS FOR SWAPS ONLY, NOT FOR SELLING.  MEMBERS WHO WANT TO SELL SHOULD CREATE THEIR OWN BLOG WHICH CAN BE ADDED TO THE OTHER THREAD FOR BLOGS ETC.

Not sure if this is a good idea or not?  But I have a couple of items which I'd like to swap for the same pattern number but different colour.

e.g I have Indigo Banjo would like to swap for Tangerine Banjo

I have Cinnamon Sunburst to swap  for a Tangerine Sunburst .

I have Green cased small knobbly(9608) to swap for small Meadow Green(9608) knobbly

etc etc.

Members could PM and discuss condition etc. then hopefully exchange for the colour they REALLY want, just for the cost of postage.  Any thoughts??

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 09:27:43 PM »
Ok guys and gals.  Let's try to keep this thread simple and to the point. No going off at a tangent otherwise it will get messy and uncontrollable!

Just say what you have to swap and what you'd like to swap it for.  If anyone is interested they can PM you for more details and any discussions. Sometimes people have trouble with receiving PMs.  All I can suggest in the first instance, is that if you don't get a reply to your PM within let's say a week, then come back to the thread and ask to be contacted by email (obviousy putting your email on the thread.  If you use "at" instead of "@"  i.e. P.Smithathotmail.com, then this helps to avoid spam (at least I am told that).  

If anyone has any better suggestions, then do post them, but at least it is up and running!!!  Good game!

By the way, I am always happy to consider "swaps" with any of the items on my sales blog........just get in touch via the email link on there.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 02:53:28 PM »
despratley need a sage 9657 as i have just chipped my one  :cry:

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 07:08:35 PM »
i have to swap,

4" cased blue 9099 bowl,5" cased red 9099,6" flint flc 9099,arctic blue 9485 bud vase 10.5" high with part of its sticker still attached.

i would like to swap for various ruby/kingfisher items in the smooth range,or 4" 9099 bowls.

malc

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 07:54:41 PM »
i have to swap a 9384 flanged vase as seen on is it. in twilight.just a couple of light scratches inside.

would like a finger bark vase in pewter,aubergine,green or flint.or if intrested let me know what you have to trade.

malc

this vase has now been swapped,thanks whitefriars.com

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 02:21:46 PM »
I have a Pewter 9662 (picture link below) which I would love to swap for a Ruby one.  Mine has a couple of tiny flea-bites' on one side of the rim, so a swap in similar condition would of course be acceptable.  

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/4z0ya-MWxPixiv21UDXMeQ?authkey=Gv1sRgCIzx7NKu2LmevAE&feat=directlink
Leni

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 04:22:41 PM »
I have a load of bubbled 9099 bowls willing to swap for anything else by agreement.

9099,s
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 04:08:14 AM »
i would love to gather some more of these in various sizes plus the green lobed bowl..i have a decanter to trade soda vase

please email if interested or have also have several ruby pieces for trade

also a sapphire 5" 9099 to trade for another colour

cheers

lynne

Phil G

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 09:10:46 AM »
I have a ruby 9649 jug for swap, looking for a Kingfisher, (not the other blue) 9649 jug, I have some other items to swap if you are after some thing else for the jug.

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 03:16:51 PM »
I have a 3 & 1/2 inch diameter 9308 paperweight in FLC Aqua which I would be willing to swap for a simple millefiori weight.
Leni

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 03:35:32 PM »
Looking for a 6.5 inch Willow 9655 (tapered vase)....will swap for something of similar value that I may have.

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 11:08:42 PM »
Thought i'd never get round to this but finally have.

I have 3 James Hogan folded rim bowls pattern 9169, one amber and one sea green 11" inch and one sea green 12" inch.

Willing to swap for an amber or emerald 9121, an emerald 9120 or would consider most wave or straight ribbed bowls and vases.

Also will consider most decanters and glasses but not the textured range.

Thanx   :D  :D

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 09:04:40 PM »
Just to report one good swap effected between  Malcolm and myself.  Swift and efficient. Thanks.

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 11:45:26 PM »
wanted 9657,s oval tapering vases, let me know what colors you have to trade

cheers steve

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 06:21:19 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Well I went to the Cambridge glass fair on Sunday, had a great time and a chance to say hello to all the usual Whitefriars nutcases; and I saw the totally awesome Sky Blue display.  I also saw in the display two of the items I am desperate to lay my sticky mits on.  Wanted a small lobed 9727 vase and a Coffin vase in Sky Blue ...