Whitefriars Glass Forum

RECENTLY PURCHASED AND NOW FOR SALE AGAIN!

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 03:58:44 PM »
What Ho Emmi! Which item are you referring to?

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 04:00:45 PM »
Put in wrong link, try again, Gold Nipple and MG Banjo in particular

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 04:31:45 PM »
Not sure about the 2 rare items, but seems to be playing a dangerous game with the other items, 99p starts on items he has paid over the odds for? doesn't make economic sense to me. Volcano vases off the top of my head ?80-?120? paid ?170 and a 99p start for a Banjo ?1500? big balls? or what?
Cheers,
Chris

samuel colley

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 05:28:12 PM »
:?:

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 05:30:12 PM »
Well i for one will be watching with interest

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 05:36:17 PM »
Hi,

It will be interesting to see if the Gold Nipple vase makes 900.00 again !!!!!

Regards,

Patrick. :)  :)  :)

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 06:38:08 PM »
What is going on indeed . Me , I'm a novice small price collector of whitefriars because I like the glass for what it is .

Is there a scam going on??

I apologise if I am wrong but if the nipple vase went for ?900.00 as stated the only conclusion I can come to is that a "ramp" of the price has been made by a "freindly buyer" and looking to puff someone in seeing the "market" pay the ?900 and think getting a bargain by paying over the real market rate but below the puffed price.

As for the Green banjo ..why would a seller not protect himself by wanting a cheque rather trhan going via pay pal .

I hope I have not spoken out of turn but  if something seems too good to be true , it usually is .

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 06:47:22 PM »
Don't think it's a scam -  looks like daytime antique show fever to me.

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 07:25:08 PM »

As for the Green banjo ..why would a seller not protect himself by wanting a cheque rather trhan going via pay pal

a cleared cheque is MUCH safer for a seller than a Paypal transaction that can be reversed..

.. and the cheque won't take another 4% on top ;)

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 07:28:44 PM »
a cleared cheque is MUCH safer for a seller than a Paypal transaction that can be reversed..

.. and the cheque won't take another 4% on top

But for the buyer?  Perhaps not so safe without a lot of hassle with banks perhaps?  I don't know.  What if seller clears cheque and then doesn't mail item? What happens then? And what if item is broken in the mail?

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 08:18:59 PM »
If you look at other items for sale and the feedback from other sellers some of the listings have been copied.

The bow front and the pine cone have been cut and pasted from the original seller along with the photo. :shock:

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 08:33:25 PM »
But for the buyer? Perhaps not so safe without a lot of hassle with banks perhaps? I don't know. What if seller clears cheque and then doesn't mail item? What happens then? And what if item is broken in the mail?

Oh, definitely not as safe for the buyer,  Emmi ..but one can see why a seller might prefer it

Might just be someone has overpsent and their circumstances have suddenly changed ?

It's not the time of year to be making a quick killing, that's for sure !

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 08:38:16 PM »
It's not the time of year to be making a quick killing, that's for sure !

Tell me about it :roll: