Whitefriars Glass Forum

RUBBISH !!!

RUBBISH !!!
« on: September 02, 2010, 09:45:07 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220662850285&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Breaks my heart to see this, so many of these rubbish vases for ?3 in a Charity shop, but some "manipulative" listing turns them into ?10.50 + p and p..............and some buyer thinks he has a Whitefriars vase.......the dreaded  "Whitefriars?" in a listing makes my blood boil!

RUBBISH !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 11:11:55 AM »
He'll come unstuck soon- most of his stuff doesn't sell or sells at a loss..

Even his last feedback looks like it was intended to be a neg !

RUBBISH !!!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 01:46:30 PM »
Note the use of colours in this 'very rare' vintage retro set. http://tinyurl.com/33dw82p

Wow! what a find!

Must have found 2 lilac ones 'cos an identical one turns up in the same listing as a Whitefriars 'rare' lilac!

His listings are riddled with inaccurate OTT  descriptions  see 99% of his items every weekend for a ? or 2

http://tinyurl.com/33dw82p
Cheers,
Chris

RUBBISH !!!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 03:46:18 PM »
I contacted this seller as he is bombarding a catagory with items which are clearly, and known to him, to be NOT whitefriars.

He told me not to send him rude, unwanted emails which is a fair point being unwanted but certainly not rude. I simply pointed out that he knew these were not whitefriars but was mimicking the colours and names given by WF (such as elephants foot and rare lilac). I also pointed out that one of his items was by a good maker and rare in its own right and would be better listed in that catagory but he ignored that and didn't sell the item.

I believe ebay will remove items knowingly spammed to the wrong catagory so perhaps I will contact then and ask them to intervene. They did this when the vintage computer games catagory was spammed with World of Warcraft credits and that annoyed the hell out of me so much I withdrew all of my listings and threatened to close my account.

RUBBISH !!!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 03:53:28 PM »
I've sent him messages too............he is rude back to me even when I offer him good advice, never changes his listings to reflect any corrections and is quite frankly getting right up my nose!!! And it is quite  apparent he couldn't care less in identifying his items correctly.

RUBBISH !!!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 04:19:18 PM »
Think they got the discription right on item 220660300485 Powell Error :lol:

RUBBISH !!!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 04:56:20 PM »
We probably know him Nigel  :lol: next time I see the guy I think is him  pick a piece of glass up I  will shout Kenneth and see if he turns round  :evil:

Probably comes on here for his info anyway Emmi,  :evil: Richard, Sure Vidfletch use to report them regularly and get them removed?
Cheers,
Chris

RUBBISH !!!
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 06:47:30 PM »
Thought Wetherby was a bit dry on the glass front Chris :shock:

RUBBISH !!!
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 06:51:45 PM »
no doubt the meadow DD vase is one of three damaged ones sold on ebay as a group lot a few days ago for ?155

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180550587500

very entrepreneurial :wink:

RUBBISH !!!
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 06:56:35 PM »
he has 3 of these bubble bowls listed as sapphire but they look sky blue to me.anyone want to tell him?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-Whitefriars-SAPHIRE-BLUE-Heavy-Bowl-WOW-60s-/220663559137?pt=UK_Art_Glass&hash=item336092b3e1

or is it another ploy to get more money out of people then send them the more common sapphire blue bowl. :?

RUBBISH !!!
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 07:11:19 PM »
Quote from: "Nigel Womersley"
Thought Wetherby was a bit dry on the glass front Chris :shock:

Certainly is, think they have all been a bit 'dry' lately or is me that's not looking right?
Cheers,
Chris

RUBBISH !!!
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 09:51:52 PM »
i must say that my first 'whitefriars' purchase was from ebay and it turned out to be a fake. Luckily I had bought 2 seperate bark vases and I could clearly tell the difference in quality between the ravenhead and the whitefriars. paypal came in my favour and i got everything back, although they did insist i resent the vase to the seller. Apparently it was cracked upon arrival, yeah right! This experience could have easily put me off collecting WF and since then i am always looking for trusted and honest sellers. Everyone knows there are poor copies out there. Its a shame that ebay dont do more. They could have experts to actively check listings but this would be at their expense and wouldnt benefit them in any way. Unfortunately there are many individuals looking to make a quick buck and we all just have to watch out for these kind of things.

RUBBISH !!!
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 10:15:32 PM »
Think they got the discription right on item 220660300485 Powell Error Laughing

And it has a bid!  What is that vase anyway - sure I've seen them before somewhere.

RUBBISH !!!
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 09:26:40 AM »
Quote from: "malcolm parker"
he has 3 of these bubble bowls listed as sapphire but they look sky blue to me.anyone want to tell him?

Someone has! :roll: (or he's reading this thread  :wink:  :twisted: )  

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Leni