Whitefriars Glass Forum

Glass Horses...help with signature needed

Glass Horses...help with signature needed
« on: July 30, 2013, 09:39:41 AM »
Hello forum

My father passed away recently, he has these glass horses which I have being trying to identify without luck.

There's a possibility an Italian client gave them to him

Can anyone help identify the signature / maker?

Thanks in advance.

=135049006&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1]http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/Natopmt/media/IMG_0036_zps9aa7fba0.jpg.html?filters[user]=135049006&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

=135049006&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0]http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/Natopmt/media/IMG_0064_zps4544311f.jpg.html?filters[user]=135049006&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Re: Glass Horses...help with signature needed
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 10:37:13 PM »
Hi Magic Carpet.... very nice glass horses. The glass looks to be Neodymium glass and it would help enormously if you rub some talcum powder into the clearest of the two signatures so that it shows up more clearly I the photograph. If you do this,  I will have another look for you and see if I can help you.
Rosie......I only collect glass birds, animals, and quality glass pieces.

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 03:00:00 PM »
Thanks for the response Rosemary

Unfortunately, I can't try your talc tip as the horses are no longer with my family as they have been removed from my dad's estate.

I have enlarged the signature but doesn't sound like that would help, any interpretation of what the signature says would be helpful too. I originally thought it started with an 'L' but now I'm wondering if its a "Z"

=135049006&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0]http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/Natopmt/media/IMG_0064_zpsedebfcba.jpg.html?filters[user]=135049006&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 09:33:42 PM »
Hi MagicCarpet,

I see you have had a reply from The Glass Message Board, Arnaldo Zanella, and seeing this signature enlarged,  I am inclined to agree.  Arnaldo  more recently made many very delicate and beautiful bird sculptures and his signature did change to a smaller and daintier version,  with a less flourished A for Arnaldo. 
Do look up the pictures on Google of his work, and you will see several pictures of his signatures and their subtle variations, and I am sure you will enjoy looking at other pieces of his work as well as several other beautiful Horses.

I hope the horses are returned to you so that you can enjoy ownership.
Rosie......I only collect glass birds, animals, and quality glass pieces.

john p hobbs

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 07:27:00 AM »
I have a Pino Signoretto one it was meant to represent the Ferrari Prancing Horse or Stallion and I believe originally the horse that is seen on many famous Italian fountains , very nice I may say . jp

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 11:31:42 PM »
Thank you both

I have had an email from Murano Zanetti confirming that the horses are signed by Zanella and their probable value. They were amazingly quick off the mark

I'm very impressed by the glass community Ive had contact with - the most helpful I have stepped foot in!