Whitefriars Glass Forum

Comments made on this forum

Comments made on this forum
« on: February 25, 2014, 10:20:33 AM »
I do get annoyed when people make personal comments on this site. So, I would expect, and fully support, the removal of comments that are not appropriate.

I love Whitefriars and everything about "the chase" to find new items. So, please remember that we use this forum to share our love of the objects and honour the people who made them.

Re: Comments made on this forum
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 12:22:17 AM »
"I love whitefriars and everything about "the chase" to find new items" I did too till I found out that a so called frigger on .org turned out to be a fake/copy made by someone on this forum,these antics are in the communities interests but when mentioned get deleted by the moderator.why?its a blatant mockery that has devided a community and yet again dragged the "brand" into turmoil.thank you

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 12:27:17 PM »
Can you be more specific Dale, I dont what you are referring to. What frigger and who made it?

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 02:29:29 PM »
The half nuts and bolts on the .org site which apparently was put on there as a "joke" according to Patrick Hogan,nowhere on that site does it refer to as it been a joke,it is said to be a frigger,and Patrick Hogan made the mould and had them commisioned to sell amongst "friends" considering all your work into fakes I'm surprised you don't know what I'm talking about,also it was discussed in some length on facebook page of which you were a member at the time,does this jog your memory?

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 03:27:14 PM »
Ah the half nuts and bolts! I am of course aware of this but I didn't know which vase you were talking about, I thought it was the flint reverse bricklayer you were referring too as that they are on .org, which certainly wasn't made by any one this forum (or at Whitefriars)!

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 03:35:20 PM »
For you to be certain they were not made by anyone on this forum then you must know who did make them,do you mind sharing that information?It benefits everyone to know!

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 05:30:41 PM »
Hi Dale,
 I know your request was directed to Wolfie and I am sure he will answer...........

I would just like to say that nobody involved with .com had anything to do with the blowing of these bricks. I only knew about them some years after they were made . They were made before 2000 as far as I know. They were never made to sell but like mine were given to friends.
 The mould was returned to Janathan Anderson who then used it and as far as I know the mould is broken and still in his possession. Collectors of these should be thankful that Wolfie and I have shown they were not factory made.
 After all the abuse we have had we  both think that it would have been better to have said nothing.
 I can see no benefit that the person who made them is named ..................

Regards,
                Patrick.

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 02:14:04 PM »
This is exactly what is needed! PM the person in question and then publish the facts only if it is of mutual benefit.

Lets all try to be adults on here please.

Lets all try to keep a focus on the published thread and not deviate into the world of what you think might be the motive for the thread without contacting the person first!

AGAIN, MY VIEWS ONLY!

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 08:54:56 PM »
Hi
How many of these reverse flint bricklayers were made because funny enough I was actually offered one about two weeks ago, the pontil didn't look right, but an interesting item !!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 04:11:03 PM »
So you do know who made them Patrick and are obviously protecting their identity for some reason,I do think its in everyones interest to know who made them before people start jumping to any wrong conclusions.Andrew,these are facts and I do believe it to be beneficial to everyone to know what copies have been made and who is responsible,you wouldn't be pleased spending your hard earned on a "frigger" to then be told it was a copy made by Patrick or somebody else.cheers

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 05:59:42 PM »

I would just like to say that nobody involved with .com had anything to do with the blowing of these bricks. I only knew about them some years after they were made . They were made before 2000 as far as I know. They were never made to sell but like mine were given to friends.
 The mould was returned to Janathan Anderson who then used it and as far as I know the mould is broken and still in his possession. Collectors of these should be thankful that Wolfie and I have shown they were not factory made.
 After all the abuse we have had we  both think that it would have been better to have said nothing.
 I can see no benefit that the person who made them is named ..................

This certainly says that I had NOTHING to do with them being made and I have had nothing to do with them being sold recently.............

Ok,

Ps, Can you tell us who you bought the one you recently sold from.?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 06:05:45 PM by Patrick Hogan »

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 07:47:29 PM »
If you read carefully what I said Patrick I didn't say you made the bricklayer,but you certainly have made other whitefriars designs,fact!Just today I find out that you have also been using the 9819 mold also,fact! Yes I don't mind telling you where I bought the one I recently sold,I bought it from auction,now do you mind telling us all who blew them? You obviously know and why arnt you willing to divulge?you know a lot more than you are letting on,you have been responsible for using original moulds and ones that you have made yourself,both of which is in everyones best interest to know about.So are you going to tell us of any more you've had a hand in making/producing and who borrowed and blew the bricklayers,I'm interested to know as I'm sure many others are.ok.

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 10:37:10 PM »
Just today I find out that you have also been using the 9819 mold also,fact!

Sorry to disappoint you but I have never used the 9819 mould and I never intend to...............  I use it as a doorstop.  :)

Before I acquired it some bottles were made that looked nothing like a 9819 vase.   

Cheers,

Patrick.

Kerrin

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 01:56:35 PM »
Hi
I think when you buy something a little diffrent from the norm its always a gamble im not surprised the moulds were used after the factory was shut it probaly wasn't done for money as there wasnt as  much interest in the glass back then and if i was a glass blower who had access to these moulds I would be having a go  its apparent quite a few pieces have been in circulation most i have seen have be advertised as repo's or experimental unless you know the full provenance  i would take the term frigger with a  pinch of salt with anything.
The last  reverse flint bricklayer i saw sold at feildings october 2010 was sold as a reproduction probaly on the advice of the seller.
http://www.millersantiquesguide.com/items/127557/later-20th-century-reproduction/

Dale where was my opportunity to make you an offer?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:50:44 PM by kerrin »

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 04:27:31 PM »