Whitefriars Glass Forum

Comments made on this forum

Re: Comments made on this forum
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2014, 08:45:29 AM »
If we are talking about moulds now, can I suggest that any further comments on this topic are moved across to the other thread re the 9734 mould to keep things tidy?

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 09:20:05 AM »
By the way also, I though a frigger was a fun or novelty item made from glass that was left over at the end of the day for the enjoyment or to be sold by the glass blower (perk of the job) or have I got that wrong as well.

I've had 'discussions' before with people over the definition of the word 'frigger', and I have to say I am 100% in agreement with you on the above definition, James!  For example, I have heard - although I cannot swear to the veracity of the story - that the swans began as a frigger, which was seen and liked by 'the management' and thereafter became a regular catalogued item.   

Also, a certain ex WF glassblower has told me that he (and presumably other WF glassblowers) used to sometimes blow a few catalogued items in non-standard colours and sell them in the pub at lunchtime to make a little beer money.  Presumably some of these may have subsequently made their way onto the market as well, just to confuse matters! 

I have said before and will continue to say, I do think we all need to be very careful not to make unfounded accusations or to imply dishonesty, both here and on other public forums!
Leni

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2014, 09:30:54 AM »
Well put Leni. Openness, honesty and respect is a good way forwards.