Whitefriars Glass Forum

Cambridge Glass Fair Rules

Cambridge Glass Fair Rules
« on: February 26, 2014, 06:50:34 PM »
Evening all especially Wolfie,

Couldn't reply on the earlier thread as it was locked. Thank you for clarifying the Rules for everyone.

I must confess that on Sunday I broke Rule No. 2. I was at the fair assisting Richard Caethoven and once the two WFs Cabinets were pretty well set up I did go for a wander! I compounded my rule breaking by actually negotiating a slightly reduced price on a WFs item before the General Public were admitted. I even took "ownership" of my new acquisition before 10:30am. I can only apologise most sincerely my rule breaking was based on complete ignorance not upon any desire to steel a march on anyone. If the seller had said, "yeah what you are suggesting is Ok but please come back and complete the transaction after 10:30" I would have happily complied.

I now know why Richard Caethoven almost had a heart attack when I told him of my early acquisition.

Please accept my apologies, if I have brought WFs.com into disrepute then I apologise most sincerely!!

Cheers

Dave King
Cheers

Dave King

Re: Cambridge Glass Fair Rules
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 12:30:55 PM »
What Ho Dave, thanks for the clarification, this was just simple case of you not being aware of this rule, cheers Wolfie

Re: Cambridge Glass Fair Rules
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 11:14:19 PM »
It's called a perk and goes of at every fair that I attend. While the paying punters stand out in the rain they have a wander round see a nice piece that the dealer doesn't realise it's worth trouser it to pay for the petrol or if you are really lucky the table.
Cheers,
Chris