Whitefriars Glass Forum

Chris Read

Chris Read
« on: March 13, 2014, 11:22:30 PM »
Can someone explain why he is still a member of this forum???
Cheers,
Chris

Re: Chris Read
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 11:29:23 PM »
I second that request!! 
Rosie......I only collect glass birds, animals, and quality glass pieces.

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 11:41:02 PM »
And John Hobbs was barred for defending himself? Pffffffttttttttt!

Marc

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 11:41:38 PM »
Interesting question Chris and needs answering. Life bans are what?

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 11:44:46 PM »
I don't think  he was ever banned? he is still being shown as a member and still logging in?
Cheers,
Chris

Marc

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 12:07:00 AM »
Patrick Hogan
Administrator

? Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 10:20:37 PM ?
Hi,
After reading an unconvincing explanation from Chris Read both I and Steve Leslie have found that banning him from membership of this is the only outcome................

Please do not post any further comments here and I would just like to say that he has let me down ( because I thought he had set out to be a respected member ) and also let himself down.

Regards,
                Patrick.     
http://whitefriarsglassforsaleandwanted.blogspot.com/

Looks pretty banned to me :)

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 12:19:24 AM »
Still shows up in the Search for Members List.
Rosie......I only collect glass birds, animals, and quality glass pieces.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 01:34:39 AM »
Can someone explain why he is still a member of this forum???

Hi Chris,
  He may have been resurrected when the forum changed...........   

He has now GONE.......  :) :) :)

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 09:02:12 AM »
And John Hobbs was barred for defending himself? Pffffffttttttttt!

And John Hobbs was barred and rightly so for making rude and personal comments.

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 08:13:13 PM »
Well isn't that what you'd expect when you called him out and tried to humiliate him in public instead of showing a little decorum and doing it via p.m,your post got wiped too Wolfie,so did Johns but he was barred?why was your post wiped,did you pull it or admin and why? It was in bad taste and John has paid the price for it!

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 11:21:41 PM »
I agree Dale.

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 11:24:27 PM »
Me too Dale, but you probably knew that already  :)
Cheers,
Chris

Ollie

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 11:33:53 PM »
Re: Jonny boy Hobbs.
Can't believe he's been banned !!! :( :( :( :(
 Was it to do with the .com table and those two lovely threaded Powell vases that were on an ebay auction around the same time as the glass fair event? Was it these two vases that he willingly brought to the glass fair for potential bidders to view before they put a bid on an ebay/or relisted auction? If there was an issue about this situation at the .com table why didn't anyone have the backbone or rollocks to resolve this supposedly minor matter within the few hours that everyone was there???? Was Jonny boy set up/stitched up??
This is a fantastic little collecting circle and it shouldn't be personal amongst certain members. Shake hands boys and be men. Life is far too short. Members please don't bother to respond to this message as I won't reply, pm me and I'll speak face to face at the next glass fair.
Regards,
Ollie :(

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 02:35:27 PM »
Ok,
 I am willing to give John another chance.........................   but I need to have his assurance that he will not be bringing up old grievances. 
 Perhaps if some of his other friends asked the question he may agree to not use .com as a platform for his problems he has with me.
 Dale, Ollie, Chris and others , please let me know what he says..................

Regards,
              Patrick.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 02:38:55 PM by Patrick Hogan »

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2014, 08:16:08 AM »
Mornin' All,

I don't know John Hobbs, I was around at the Cambridge Fair but didn't get the chance to be introduced to him. It seems JH has some "history" with some other Members within the WFs.com Community, I haven't been around as a WFs Collector for that long but it seems having "history" with other Members will hardly make JH unique!!!

Clearly JH has a vast knowledge of glass in general and WFs in particular and I think it would be a shame if we (I, if you prefer) were to lose access to this knowledge. JH has (IMHO) a great sense of humour and I like the vast majority of his posts, he takes a bit of getting used to, when you are a newbie, one of his early replies to a comment of mine took me quite a while to grasp. Once explained the reply was merely another of JH's mischievious(sp) attempts at humour, although in my ignorance I didn't realise that at first.

It would be good if JH could be persuaded to make a return, it seems quite a bit quieter without him!

Perhaps all contributors, (and I do mean all) would be well advised to leave personal differences off these pages (that is supposed to be one of the uses for PMs, isn't it). Hoping to see JH back in due course.

Cheers
Dave King

PS as I said above I have never "met" JH so I have no axe to grind as it were, nd I am not trying to organise some sort of popularity contest!
Cheers

Dave King