Whitefriars Glass Forum

lobed vase with disc base Whitefriars?

Re: lobed vase with disc base Whitefriars?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 04:14:15 PM »
Rebessin,
Thank you for all the information on the lobed vase.  It's great to learn about it from someone with your knowledge of Str?mbergshyttan.
Marie.

Re: lobed vase with disc base Whitefriars?
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 09:46:06 PM »
New information: A vase of this design in the Str?mbergshyttan Group on facebook is signed D. Cooke on the bottom and 8/6/52. This indicate it's a design by H J Dunne Cooke. This is the first concrete fact I have seen that Dunne Cooke stands behind this (and surely more models) produced in Str?mbergshyttan. Some more information I got from a booklet I red for some days ago, says that the tableware S3 from the beginning was produced exlusevly for Elverson. And that captain Dunne Cooke had made an extra large glass of it, as he every day drank from in his local pub, and the glass was half filled with beer and half with whiskey. This indicate also the S3 can be of his design. I remember also that in Str?mbergshyttan there was a layer/store called "The English store", and now I understand why. It was glass exclusivly produced for Elverson and the english market. In recent years (and when I was a child in 1960s) the store was used as ordinary model store for all the production. Probably I have to revise my earlier opinion, and maybe much more models was of Dunne Cookes design?