Whitefriars Glass Forum

Can anyone shed light on Art Deco (Modernist) coloured glass mirrors with bevell

To whom it may concern,

My name is Nicholas Hill, I have posted this in the hope that you may be able to shed some light on a particular period glass at the beginning this century, 1920-1940  think??

Please find attached the photograph of what I think is an Art deco English Mirror, this period in particular is of interest to me as I find the contrast of color and geometric forms particularly unusual.   I am interested in finding out more information about designers and glass makers of the period.

Firstly, I have gone down the V&A route with little result and they advise me they have little information on glass of the period I then went to Pilkington glass that gave me slight hope with there glass train that toured England during the period, however the mirrors do no appear in their 1920-40 archives either.

There is a little information (a couple of mirrors) appear in RIBA pics (the Royal Institute of British Architect web site), but not enough.  I seem to be getting closer to uncovering more information but rather stagnated at the moment...

I thank you in advance for any help and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Nicholas Hill
+44 7871 394 165

Nicholas Hill
Collector

Hi Nick,
Welcome to the forum............ 

Certainly not Whitefriars but hopefully someone may be able to help you.

Cheers,
                 Patrick.

Hello Nick,

Have you contacted:

http://www.cloud9artdeco.co.uk/category/decorative/mirrors

They deal almost exclusively with Art Deco household items, and they may well have information they would be happy to share with you.
Rosie......I only collect glass birds, animals, and quality glass pieces.