Whitefriars Glass Forum

adam partridge auction

adam partridge auction
« on: March 15, 2016, 04:13:03 PM »
Lots of Whitefriars items for sale at Adam partridge auction this week .

Malcolm

Re: adam partridge auction
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 11:13:34 AM »
I attended and saw a few members from this forum. For some items prices were very strong and I had lot 226 in my sights, the blue and green tear vases. They sold for ?400 hammer! A great price but somewhat above my target price. It was a wonderful opportunity to see some of these earlier pieces in the flesh. It was also an opportunity to buy some of the rarer pieces. The sale did include a few Baxter pieces and these generally did ok with some lots going for current retail prices. The commission rate at 18% inclusive was also very competitive. I packed two large boxes with bubble wrap and came away with only two glasses. Still, it was well worth it. On to the next one!

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 05:36:13 PM »
Hi Andrew
Well done on your two glasses. Anything is better than nothing. I managed to get a few things myself, but wished I'd got more now.

Sorry I missed you there. If I'd known, I would have come and said hello.

The pair of tear vases went quite cheap in my opinion. Rarely seen and very finely made.

Nice little cafe there too.

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 07:06:48 PM »
Yes, indeed.

Marc

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 07:52:44 PM »
Good price. A friend has an emerald one it's a beauty :)

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 09:52:09 AM »
Felt very frustrated as a poor pensioner has to watch his piggy bank.

Even more frustrated that when I got home an outstanding order was fulfilled which would have let me spend more!!

Look at my other thread to see what I have bought for less than ?500!