Whitefriars Glass Forum

Hello?

Re: Hello?
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2016, 10:07:21 PM »
I'm glad you have all come back, I don't do facebook . I wish I had been collecting back in the early days of the whitefriars emergence the forum
here was non stop.
Tim

Marc

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2016, 10:21:56 PM »
Hi Tim, how's things? :)

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2016, 10:33:15 PM »
Hello marc, I am in a heavy optical ribbed phase of my collecting. postage and packing charges are a killer.
All the best

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2016, 10:38:18 PM »
Hi Tim, a sensible comment at last!!
Everyone knows there has been problems with the this site, the catalogues etc are rubbish but forum where all the important info is stored is modern and usable.
The problem is simple, Facebook. As soon as Diana open her first site that was the start of the end for .com, now there are 6 sites. People nowadays simply do not want load pics to their computers then transfer them on to a forum, everything needs it to be fast and easy. The fact that all the info is lost doesn't seem to matter and we are all guilty of this.
Whatever you say the fact still remains that this forum holds all the WF research done over the last 10 years, that can be used now and in the future for research.
If everyone now doesn't want to use it and just want to chat shit elsewhere then that is a loss to Whitefriars glass as a whole.

Marc

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2016, 10:47:42 PM »
Wish I'd known that Tim I've just sold my four 10" buckets 😕.

Hi Wolf. "Sensible comment"? I've seen no bad, childish or immature comments just old faces coming back and saying "hi". You are however right about Facebook and we are ALL guilty of that, but, the fact remains that the site needs updating.

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2016, 11:03:21 PM »
Evening all.
Cheers,
Chris

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2016, 11:31:23 PM »
Evening all, I'm only here to show support for the lonely wafflers.

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2016, 11:34:21 PM »
Night Dale
Night Marc
Night everybody
See you tomorrow
Cheers,
Chris

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2016, 09:57:28 AM »
Just to clarify a previous comment.........

Wolfie said this "If everyone now doesn't want to use it and just want to chat shit elsewhere then that is a loss to Whitefriars glass as a whole."

The 'it' referred to the .com Forum and the elsewhere referred to Facebook pages.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:05:24 AM by Patrick Hogan »

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2016, 11:28:57 AM »
Some people know a lot about talking shit, especially behind others backs.

Marc

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2016, 11:41:39 AM »
Can't see how the Facebook groups are a detriment to Whitefriars glass as a whole. There are many members there with vast knowledge who enjoy sharing the knowledge they has attained. Some like to keep it to themselves and that's their prerogative.

There is however no doubt that the Facebook groups (which I can only count four not six) have ailed this site, which proves it needs to move with the times.

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2016, 12:04:29 PM »
I talked to Richard Caethoven about a monthly competition and he is going to try a put something together........

Has anybody got a suggestion on what form it should take ?

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2016, 12:06:48 PM »
I am also going to ask the Webmaster if he can sort the image upload problem........

Marc

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2016, 12:21:24 PM »
Depends on how easy or difficult you want it to be. Possibly a quiz like Stan used to do or a "what colours did these come in" style thing.