Whitefriars Glass Forum

Just to keep this site ticking over...a willow mobile phone

Just to keep this site ticking over...a willow mobile phone
« on: November 16, 2018, 03:21:18 AM »
I know everyoneís moved over to Facebook these days but I donít get over there much as Iím not a member. I do occasionally sneak on using my other halfs log-in but donít post anything so hereís my latest and greatest posted on this site for old times sake:

Yup, that was me.. lucky, lucky me!

Re: Just to keep this site ticking over...a willow mobile phone
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 01:00:59 AM »
Hi Peter. I'd have posted pictures of my two but you beat me to it 😀

Great purchase

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 04:15:56 PM »
If you look at the next post down I too tried to keep it 'ticking' over too Peter

Chris
Cheers,
Chris

Marc

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 06:21:38 AM »
Hi Peter. Well done :). I did wonder who the winner was :).

MikeK

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 07:33:43 PM »
I am one of those who don't have a Facebook account, so I appreciate any updates here.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 08:00:42 PM »
I am one of those who don't have a Facebook account, so I appreciate any updates here.

Iím with you on that. As far as I can see Facebook is all cat photos and invites to childrenís parties...

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 08:28:12 PM »
Cannot even add a photo now wtf is the 'insert image' icon or add an attachment
Cheers,
Chris

MikeK

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 03:34:39 PM »
Cannot even add a photo now wtf is the 'insert image' icon or add an attachment

It appears the only way to add an image to a post is to provide a link from an external hosting site, such as Flickr or Smugmug.  When I owned a photography forum, I did not allow members to upload images, as photographers tend to have very large image files and storage can be expensive.  Since almost all of the members already had their own image hosting sites, this was not a problem.

This image is from my Smugmug site, and will remain valid as long as I continue paying the annual fee to maintain my image galleries.

This image is from my free Flickr account, and is also my avatar.  The link will remain valid as long as Flickr doesn't change its terms of service.

WF_Avatar
by Mike66GE, on Flickr

This is the embedded BBCode for my Smugmug link:

[url=https://www.kreinhop.com/Whitefriars/Nailhead-Vases/i-gW74H24/A][img]https://photos.smugmug.com/Whitefriars/Nailhead-Vases/i-gW74H24/2/c2e165e6/XL/Whitefriars_Nailhead_Vase_9685-1-XL.jpg[/img][/url]

Photobucket changed its terms of service recently and killed a lot of forum content.  It held its members using 3rd party hosting hostage by encouraging them to pay about $400 per year to restore the hosting capability.  I didn't have much on Photobucket, so I didn't care much, but I think Photobucket has since revised its policy and now charges about $48 per year for the service.  For now, Flickr is still free, but since it is now owned by Smugmug, I have no idea if there will be any Photobucket-like changes.

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 11:18:30 AM »
Too much 'faffing' for me  ::)
Cheers,
Chris