Whitefriars Glass Forum

Jazz age engraved glass.

Jazz age engraved glass.
« on: December 07, 2018, 09:22:40 PM »
Also a non facebook glass addict(for the time being).
Does anybody know who might have an engraved wine glass from the 1464 set in the 1931 catalogue with the engraved jazz age figures for sale?.
I saw one that Patrick Hogan lent  to the country seat for one of there exhibitions.
Patrick was kind enough to post a contempory article that was printed in the daily mail about these glasses on this webbsite. I have also bought an old magazine article with pictures of these glasses. Except for Patricks glass I have never seen any other examples.
If anybody has any info i would be glad to hear.
Thanks,
Tim 

Re: Jazz age engraved glass.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 09:44:02 PM »
Hi Tim. Non Facebook!!! Quite rare these pieces, I presume you like them from a Dunne Cooke Strombergy connection?

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 10:06:42 PM »
Hello Wolfie, thanks for the very promt reply.
I know its an old subject but us men have to obsess over something!!.
I have just sent an email to a site that has two of these 1464 wine glasses(unengraved) but am not sure how old the listing is.
Yes I am still interested in the Edmond Hogan, Dunne Cooke, Eda, Stromberg connection.
Hope alls well with you.
Tim

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 03:18:20 PM »
I have this cutting on a decanter in earley WF amber. No stopper !

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 10:19:00 PM »
Thanks for posting that picture Patrick, does that design show up anywhere in the Edmond Hogan or Whitefriars archive?
Is the decanter for sale or for reference?.
I have an email photo of a vase in light blue with very similar cutting showing a ballerina.
I Was focused on the cutting so much that I did not pay attention to the shape of the vase, maybe it could be a Whitefriars
shape.
I do not have my pictures in an external hosting site so is there any way i can post my pictures on this site?
Happy new year to all the people still connected to this site.
Tim